EU Data Protection ManagerRef:857
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in lifestyle & automotive protection in Europe, as an EU Data Protection Manager
We’re looking for an experienced EU Data Protection Manager (DPM) to join our team. You’ll be working within our Privacy/Compliance department and will be responsible for supporting, maintaining and further implementing the Company Privacy & Data Protection Program within Europe, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and applicable European data protection laws. The DPM will serve as a subject matter expert on European data protection topics, design and implement policies and procedures, monitor and report on privacy and data protection issues and investigate potential data incidents.
You’ll be responsible for the following;
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s Global Privacy and Data Protection framework, policies, procedures, and governance model by providing subject matter expertise, knowledge of Assurant and strong project management skills
- Serve as a subject matter resource and initial point of contact
- Educate, inform and training Privacy Champions
- Manage the resolution of issues that have been escalated to the Privacy Office, such as operational issues related to data subject right requests
- Provide advice and support to enable European business areas to achieve goals and strategies while meeting privacy compliance requirements
- Manage the collection of privacy metrics and prepare reporting for the International Privacy Officer and Global Privacy Officer & DPO to present to senior management and all lines of business on privacy and data protection issues.
- Liaise with the lines of business in the investigation and management of potential breaches/instances of non-compliance to support prompt and accurate reporting as necessary
- In coordination with Training, develop and deliver privacy communications and training
- Assist in reviewing data flows and developing Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Monitor compliance with applicable data protection regulations and Company policies and procedures
- Support record-keeping activities required by GDPR and/or corporate policies
- Ability to translate applicable privacy requirements into business requirements and controls
- Participate in external and internal audits, as assigned
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge & expertise;
- College degree and 5 years minimum of privacy work experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently
- Strong experience implementing privacy and data protection programs
- Strong understanding of privacy program management and European privacy laws and regulations (such as GDPR), as well as any implementing rules, codes and guidance
- Demonstrated strong project management skills, including ability to lead multiple work streams in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated ability of applying privacy requirements to practical use cases beyond policy formulation and compliance
- Strong communication skills and ability to develop excellent professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders (e.g., Supervisory Authorities)
- Ability to draft, implement and maintain internal and external privacy notices, policies, procedures and other guidance documents
- Proficient in MS suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in English required.
Joining our award-winning team gives you the opportunity to progress and be rewarded, as well as enjoying a fantastic benefits package.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant have been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality.
Job Description: 2019_EU_Data_Protection_Manager.docx