European Tax ManagerRef:1002
Join Assurant, one of the leading providers in lifestyle & automotive protection in Europe, as a Tax Manager.
We’re looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join our team. You’ll be working within our Finance department and will be responsible for collaboratively working with other members of the European tax team on all taxation matters required for the European Group. This includes:
· VAT returns;
· IPT returns;
· Corporate tax computations and returns for the UK group;
· Working with overseas tax advisers in relation to the preparation and review of European direct and indirect tax filings;
· Quarterly US GAAP reporting;
· Tax disclosures for UK statutory accounts;
· Tax advisory work including advising on new business deals, transfer pricing, SAO documentation, Brexit, Making Tax Digital, dealing with tax authorities and structuring work;
· Opportunity to be involved in tax compliance and advisory work for Asia.
You’ll be responsible for the following;
· Work as part of the European tax team based in the UK;
· Responsible for quarterly UK VAT and IPT calculations and returns;
· Identifying weaknesses and opportunities in the current planning & compliance processes for indirect taxes;
· Overseeing and reviewing IPT and VAT calculations and returns for entities across Europe;
· Providing IPT and VAT project support as required;
· Preparation and submission of UK corporate tax returns;
· Preparation of the quarterly US GAAP tax provision process for Europe and working with the global tax group to include;
o Global access completion and reconciliation to financial ledgers
o Assisting with forecasting;
· Researching and drafting technical advice for internal stakeholders in relation to corporate tax, VAT and IPT issues across Europe;
· Co-ordinating with peers, external tax consultants, local and foreign tax authorities;
· Supporting the European Tax Director in relation to any new deals, restructuring projects, Brexit and M&A proposing / implementing tax efficient structures. Seeks to continuously improve processes by challenging ways of working and recommends changes.
· Supports with creating business processes, terms and conditions of new products, operational flow charts.
· Implements a Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) procedure and monitors the implementation and follow-up.
· Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Qualified tax professional (ACA/CTA) or equivalent
- Relevant tax experience from working in practice and/or industry and/or HMRC
- Experience of advising on indirect taxes
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- European tax experience preferred
- Experience of any of the following tax software – Global Access; Alphatax
- Experience of any of the following accounting systems would be advantageous – Sun; Peoplesoft; Oracle
Joining our award-winning team gives you the opportunity to progress and be rewarded, as well as enjoying a fantastic benefits package.
At Assurant, we’re passionate about our people. After all, it’s our dynamic and successful team that allows us to provide lifestyle insurance solutions that bring our customers peace of mind, protecting what’s important to them. We’re proud to say we keep life running smoothly for over 300 million consumers; we’re also the UK’s largest provider of mobile device protection. Partnering with 9 of the top 20 best global brands, we are market leaders with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
If you’re ready for a challenge and to become part of delivering our brilliant services, apply today.
Assurant have been awarded the Silver standard by Investors In People and have received recognition by Business In The Community for Workplace Gender Equality.
Job Description: Job_Description_Tax_Manager_Nov_18.docx